Saturday, March 26, 2011

My Bro - the mad pet lover



You must be thinking why my brother has only written stories about doggies? And why not about something else? Guys do wait he is writing more of it. So u can read more of these “puppy stories” by him. His love for doggies is very famous in his friends circle. If you want to get anything done by him tell him about the doggy you have. Or ask his advice in its breeding.. u will be getting enough info to write one voluminous book abu it with all the specification all the training instruction & anything else.
I doubt whether his friends might have already given some nick name to him seeing this madness and hope he wont be breaking my bone after reading this when he comes on leave this time  anyway I dnt care abu it as I have got really strong bones. And during our childhood he tried many times to break my bones as well as teeth’s wen we had fights. I am a survivor!!
His madness towards doggies got unveiled when he and sis in law-Pinku was staying in Hyderabad. One fine day when Pinku came from work very tired she saw this small Labrador retriever-Rocky. He had taken leave from office to go and get it. All this happened very confidentially as he was hell sure that this wont be happening if he tell this in advance to Pinku. Pinku was shocked to see it. With so much of work in office and home this small puppy’s care and that too in a 2BHK flat was unthinkable. And rocky became the part of their family. But Pinku lost her cool soon when she found the carpets and upholstery getting teared away by the naughty rocky. Hence he was still learning the toiletries it was hard to manage him. For Pinku after the hectic office hours and 1.5hr long traveling and wen enter into house this tragic view was so exfoliating. When rocky got hospitalized bro took leave for all those days to take care of rocky, He was so upset over rocky and we all were upset about brother. Soon rocky came back home fully charged up and bro too was happy. Bro bought some 30-35 love birds, a fish aquarium and one parrot too in the mean time. After few months one more blacky wrinkled skin doggy got added to their family. Slowly the calls from Pinku to home got increased with the complaints, not abu the puppy but abu the pet lover brother who was slowly making that 2 BHK flat into a small zoo. She lost all her patience by then but he was unheeded. His job in Muscat forced him to give these pets to his friends with a heavy heart and believe me even after 3yrs of moving to Muscat he is still in touch with those friends to know about how these pets r doing.
Wen we shifted to Kerala bro was telling pappa to go for some doggy for the security of the house. Initially mummy was hell against as in our childhood she had seen our maggi (German shepherd) suffered some serious illness and had a tragic death in front of her. Even the docs were not much of help in rescuing maggi. Those memories of maggi haunted us always. So again one more doggy was not acceptable to us. But somehow brother got succeeded In brainwashing me. And I took the charge to look out for the doggy. And I can never forget how I used to go n see doggies in shops and calling bro in ISD and saying “see this doggies head is not that squarish as u said me and the legs are not in shape” . I can’t forget those angry stares of those shop keepers wen I say “sorry the features doesn’t match with the specifications that I received from my bro”. Finally I met her - the naughty black beauty. A rottweiler –3months old, Topsy. I bought her home spending some good bucks.
Her first entry to our home was unforgettable. Asap she entered our compound she happened to see the kitchen garden of mummy and quickly she plucked and ripped off some plants from there and came to me like nothing has happened. That angry look by mummy that time was worth throwing Topsy out of the compound. And that was just the beginning. Topsy was very playful and whenever mummy yelled at her she made that a point to tear off the cotton sari’s of mummy. I was like hell trapped between mummy, brother and naughty Topsy. Taking care of Topsy was like checking my level of patience. Mummy noticed soon one thing that Topsy is not barking at all. Always playful. Mummy complained abu this to brother. Thinking this will change our mind and I will give Topsy back to the shop owner. Alas!! It never happened. Brother called me very alternate days asking abu Topsy and whether I am giving cerelac properly or not. He mailed me many tutorials of how to train her and how to breed her. Once a week I mailed photos of Topsy to him.
After few months he came to Kerala with lots of toys for Topsy and bought some imported dog fuds, bones for her to play and a silver chain. And yeah he bought some hair clips for me as well. Again Mummy complained that this doggy is nt worth to keep as she is nt barking at all and a doggie’s main job is to take care of the house and Topsy is nt at all gud for that. Brother patiently heard every complaint by mummy. In few days he found out the solution as well. One fine day he went to the market and wen he came back he was having a cute Pomeranian puppy in his hand. He said see this one will bark always. Mummy dint fell fainted. For her this was the extreme. But the cute luk of sweety melt her anger. And sweety too became the part of our family. Aftr that mummy was very very careful whenever she said some complaints about the doggies to bro. On that visit he bought one book about the breeds of dogs and how to take care of it. He was aftr me to read and study it. But I always slipped away smartly without reading it. His 3 weeks leave got over soon and he went back to Muscat. Now I am looking after topsy and sweety .Topsy is one yr old nw and sweety is 9months old. Topsy is a smart and intelligent doggy and wen she barks with such a high bass it panics even the neighbors. Sweety – the Pomeranian as mummy wanted always barks at every single butterfly which enters our compound and to evry crow and hen and to every birds n yeah to evry single human being who enters our compound with or without permission. Now mummy says topsy is better than sweety as she dnt barks unnecessarily. And you think this got over here? Nooo… bro is planning for one more doggy.. that means for sure I am getting thrashed out of this home soon by mummy. Coz she sternly believes I am the partner in this crime.. And yeah wen I was writng this I got a call from brother saying he bought a small parrot in Muscat and will be mailing me the pics soon.. and this will continue..

1 comment: